Camp NaNoWriMo starts today!
For this camp, I’m going to do another flash fiction challenge like the one I did during Inktober. It was a good way for me to play with ideas on a small scale, identify recurrent structural issues I have, and practice a little flexible creativity.
If you want to participate alongside me, here are the details.
- Write a piece of flash fiction daily for the month of April — 30 first drafts for 30 days.
- Each flash fiction piece should be <=1000 words long and must contain an arc/plot/conflict (vignettes and slice-of-life stories don’t count).
- If you need help deciding what to write, here are a few sources:
- Try to go two to three layers down from where your brain first goes with the prompt.
- Share the piece: to your blog, to a kind friend, to an internet rando. Let someone know about the work you’re doing!